Inspiration of the day:
An ugly fall day. Here in San Diego, we don't have many ugly days in ANY season, but I guess 2010 is an exception. How do you find inspiration in such icky, gloomy, chilly weather? It's not as hard as it looks. Gloomy weather inspires me to wear color and be bold, strangely enough. I have this desire to stand out against the clouds or something. Also, San Diego, even in the gloom, is incredibly beautiful. While I was walking 10 miles around Coronado this morning, (training for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day) I stumbled upon a beautiful kaleidoscope. It was on a rather large scale, and overlooked the bay. The swirling, changing colors and shapes within the kaleidoscope made me feel very dreamy, which inspired me. Colors and patterns!!! They sound scary to pull off, especially together, but I'm going to try it out tomorrow.
Disappointment of the day:
Can't find the tights. I wonder if she made them herself?
Advertisement of the day:
I'm doing the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk for the cure this November and need to raise a heck of a lot of money!!! Please help me out with any amount of money you can spare at this web page:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/SanDiegoEvent2010?px=4876925&pg=personal&fr_id=1469
Why yummy?
I like things that are yummy. Yummy shoes and food to be precise. (And the occasional yummy boy's 6-pack.) Chocolate is yummy. That's why I'm selling it at school tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment