Inspiration of the day:
The feeling of December is coming. This inspires me to whip out my red and white clothing, pile on the sweaters, sing holiday songs, and drink mug after mug of tea and hot chocolate. Does it feel like I'm thinking about the holidays too soon? Maybe. Do I care? NO! I love the holidays, and I wish they would last all year long. (Well, not really, because then they'd be no fun.) The day after Christmas, I'm almost as sad as a little kid who has to leave Disneyland before he gets to go on Dumbo. I may even be as sad as that little boy. But back to the point, there's no shame in busting out your holiday gear. Wear your Santa hat around. Tie those red and green striped tubed socks into an ensemble. Or, if those options are a little bit too bold for you, put in those silver jingle bell earrings, and you'll still look incredibly festive. Wait. I'm getting ahead of myself. Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet! If you have to wait until December to officially start decking the halls, than wear that fall-colored sweater in your closet, or look up some new, fun recipes to make the big meal special. Better yet, make a paper mache turkey! (Doesn't that sounds fun?)
Anyway, my point is, don't be ashamed to dress up for the season, embrace it!
Excitement of the day:
I have a snake as a roommate, starting today. His name is Jeffrey (according to me), he's a baby boa constrictor, and he's very cute. My mom's always wanted a snake, so I guess today seemed like a good day to buy one. Hopefully the snake respects my boundaries! (Meaning I don't want to wake up with a snake wrapped around my chest.)
No comments:
Post a Comment