Salut tout le monde!

Salut tout le monde!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Red is the New Purple"

Inspiration of the day:

The new red tights I bought, plus the 10th anniversary issue of Lucky Magazine.  I was at Target today searching for some new tights to spice up my winter wardrobe, and I faced a predicament.  Red tights or pink tights?  I had read (in the new Lucky mag, of course) that red was a great color to enhance the monotone colors so prominent in winter fashion, and my mom even said that "red is the new purple," so red seemed like a good option.  But then, I looked at the pink again, and my mom advised that I "shouldn't ignore my signature color," quoted Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) from Legally Blonde.  This almost convinced me to buy the pink ones, when I noticed that they were "legging style," and only went to the ankle.  So, I ended up buying the bold red tights.  I can't wait to wear them!

As for this month's issue of Lucky Magazine, it was one of the best in a long time.  It didn't appear to have that much information in it, but after opening and skimming it from cover to cover, I realized that this issue seemed to have more actual content than advertisement.  Shocking!  The amount of information in this issue is stunning.  With pages full of useful tips on shopping for the holidays, finding the best spa products, and buying the items that will completely revamp your winter wardrobe, this issue will have you itching to take out your credit card and go on a little shopping trip.  Also, in the editor's note, we find out that Lucky has a new editor!  So far, it looks like Brandon Holly is doing justice to this prestigious position that used to belong to Kim France.  Only time will tell!

Excitement of the day:

The ending of daylight savings time means the beginning of the holiday season, at least according to me.  This is my FAVORITE time of year, and I already can't wait for all of the fun, seasonal activities that await me!

No comments:

Post a Comment