Salut tout le monde!

Salut tout le monde!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Book Worms & Holiday Cheer

Inspiration of the Day:

My English teacher told us today that we need to have a book by Thursday that's on her list of favorites.  So, today I took a trip to Borders.  The vibe in book stores is so cool!  Some people casually browse through the book shelves, while others sit in cozy chairs and read for a few minutes.  Throughout the store, I noticed quiet, conservative people who mind their own business and just scream "book nerd."  The idea of the book nerd is so inspiring to me.  Sometimes, I wish I had to wear glasses, just so I could pull off the whole book nerd thing.  Book nerds are great style icons in that they don't have a style.  (I'm generalizing here, there are some book nerds who have great style!)  There wear clothing that is comfortable and modest, and for some reason, it makes them look all the most mysterious.  The loose-fitting sweaters and casual jeans is such a cute combination - but it seems that you have to be slightly nerdy to pull this off.

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
-Will Ferrel as Buddy the Elf in Elf, for all of you unfortunate people who didn't know that.

I love December.  There is Christmas music playing everywhere you go, so I can blast holiday jingles on my car radio shamelessly now.  Sparkling lights are hung on the rooftops of many of the houses throughout the city.  ABC Family plays Christmas movies every night.  Family members want to know what to get me this year, and I try to get gift ideas for my friends and family.  Puffy jackets with furry hoods are seen frequently.  A layer of snow coats the - oh, that's right.  San Diego never has the luxury of a white Christmas.  I truly am "dreaming of a white Christmas."

Bing Crosby - White Christmas

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment