Salut tout le monde!

Salut tout le monde!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shopping in the Rain, Just Shopping in the Rain!

...What a glorious feeeeling I'm happy again.

If you didn't already know, California is facing a itty bitty storm: it's been pouring for about 4 days now.  This may not sound too extreme to folks in other parts of the country, but to us San Diegans, 4 days of pouring rain is the equivalent of a hurricanes.  But, we're running out of time, and we  HAVE to go Christmas shopping TODAY.  Tomorrow's my birthday (yay!) and then it's Christmas Eve, so we really have no other options.  Oh well, I love shopping, and hopefully the rain won't be too bad.  (And hopefully they opened up another way to get in the mall: I heard one of the entrances is flooded!)

The problem with rain in San Diego is that we really don't know how to deal with it.  We don't own any real rain gear, we get in zillions of accidents on the freeways, and our roadways get flooded every time.  I wish that I could say that I have a great load of rain gear, but I'd be lying.  I have some leather boots that I usually wear when it's raining, along with a puffer coat that's pretty rain resistant.  (I mean, I do have other rain jackets, but they're ugly and for camping, not shopping.)  I really need some new rain stuff!  Especially for tough situations like the one I'm about to face: shopping in the rain!

Still in the Christmas spirit, though, I'll say this: Whenever you get stressed out over the holidays, remember that some people don't have it as well as you.  Some people don't have the luxury of having gifts to wrap, or stockings to stuff, or food to make.  Some people don't even have the luxury of a warm, dry home to spend the holidays in.  So cut that Salvation Army bell-ringer some slack and be a little bit generous this season.

Christmas song of the day: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment